Monday, June 18, 2012

Chroma keying tools

I have been working with Blender's chroma key tools, and just discovered the color spill tool. It's really great! Green bounce is always a problem when working with a greenscreen, and this tool fixes it really well. Here are two comparison images:

This is the straight keyed image.


This one has the color spill fix node.

Big difference! The main thing I love about it is that it can fix the spill without affecting the color balance.

This key obviously has some other issues, but I'm working on those too.The color spill node is a lifesaver though, and you should try it out first chance you get! Here's a screenshot of the node chain I made so you can duplicate it exactly. Nothing too complicated, just a test render.


By the way, in case you were wondering, I didn't have any greenscreen footage handy, so I downloaded the clip I'm working with from http://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/greenscreenplates.html
It's the matchmove test close, I picked that one because it had lots of obvious green bounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! No, really!