Tuesday, June 12, 2012

DSLR Viewfinder




Have you ever tried to use a DLSR's LCD in bright sunlight?  It's a nightmare!  And since a good part of project 2.6 will be shot outdoors, I decided to buy a LCD viewfinder.  Now on B&H, viewfinders run anywhere from $60 to $500!  Viewfinders are very helpful, but are they $500 helpful?  So I then looked on Amazon, and found one made by EZ Foto for $22.  I ordered with some doubt of the quality, but was pleasantly surprised to find it rugged and sturdy.  It is attached magnetically to the LCD frame.  Here's what it looks like:


It's a dream come true in terms of precise focusing and getting white balance just right.  And it looks like you're looking at a 42 inch screen instead of the 3.5 I'm used to squinting at.  

Cheap, efficient gear like this will help project 2.6 get great shots on a low budget.  


1 comment:

  1. That looks like it will be a great help!
    I can think of several times I wish I had one of those...

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! No, really!