Monday, April 15, 2013

LED lights





While I was at it I ordered two LED lights from MPJA as well (saves on shipping)
Warm white: http://www.mpja.com/90lm-Warm-White-SMD-LED/productinfo/19567%20OP/
(3600K)
90lm Warm White SMD LED
And cold white: http://www.mpja.com/90-lm-1-Watt-White-Star-LED/productinfo/19585%20OP/
(6000K-6500K)
90 lm 1 Watt White Star LED
These are both 90 lumen SMT LED's, and my thinking here is that you could build a 900 lumen light for $20 + about $10 for case and circuit board. You could have 10 of each, and switches to set it to various color temperatures from 3600K to 6500K! (though luminence across the spectrum would be uneven)
I'll be trying out these soon, and seeing if they are feasible for set lighting. Also, while I can build one of these rather cheaply, I'm planning to run it on 12 VDC or so. Not everyone has 12 V power on set. I have more power supplies than I know what to do with (Just kidding), at least 12V ones. Also, most of mine are set for the standard 13.8 VDC, so I may need to put some sort of regulation in there... things get complicated... This might also be worth looking at too, but is a lot more expensive and not as bright: http://www.mpja.com/LED-High-Lumen-12V-Module-White/productinfo/18875%20OP/

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! No, really!