(I know, I should be working on the script, but I've been making progress on that too)
Here are a number of random thoughts;
We should make a total of 12 scenes. I was originally thinking we would have 16 scenes, but I can't think of that many things to fill those spaces, so 12 would probably be better. The reason for 12 or 16 is that in the disk menus you can only fit so much, and I think you can fit 3 or 4 video tiles / icons across, and not more than 2 high. That means that you could fit 6 or 8 scenes on one menu screen, and I think 6 would work better anyway.
Color grading: We need to do this right. Once we decide what clips we are going to use, we need to take them, and exactly match all of the footage. (Except possibly the night scenes) No mood setting yet, we just make all the clips match (white balance, basic contrast, etc.) (probably rendering them each individually before putting them back into the video sequence editor) Next, we do more advanced color grading, day to night, and color mood setting. On the final output we need to do a final grade. The purpose of this is to make sure it only contain legal colors. It may slightly detract from the desired look of the film, but I want this to only contain legal colors. It probably won't matter so much since this will mostly be played on computers or DVD players, but it's good practice.
You might want to check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG_k2wz9mcU&hd=1
We are shooting for a general or PG audience. The only thing we need to worry about is violence. Here are the violent scenes I can think of: 1. The first gunfight. This will be set at night, only one shot will hit, and it will be dark, so not a lot of detail will be shown. 2. The car chase. the following car gets hit, swerves, and gets hit again, blowing up. Again, not a lot of detail will be shown. The first shot will hit a tire, the second shot will hit a gas tank. 3. The car stop. This is when we think that the car has a tracking device on it and one of us gets out to look for it and gets shot at. (They miss) 4. At the CIA when they are surrounded by CIA guards. We could put some action here, but there shouldn't be much.
Check out scene 7 in the script! I've worked a little on it, and I like the way it's going.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment! No, really!