Friday, October 5, 2012

Blender 2.64

Blender 2.64 is out! (Actually it's been out for a few days as of this post) Anyway, I thought I would share a couple tips I've found helpful or interesting.

  • When rendering in Cycles, turn the viewport start resolution up to 1024 or so. (This is under the Performance panel) With a good graphics card you will see a drastic improvement when moving objects or camera in the live rendered viewport.
  • Make sure the tiles (again, under the Performance panel) are set to something like 8 X 8. I got a speed improvement on my satellite model of 5X faster. (vs 1 X 1 ) 
  • In user preferences, go to File, and under that, there is a checkbox that says next to it 'show thumbnails'. Make sure this is checked.
  • Go through the addons section in user preferences and enable all 'add mesh' and all 'add curve'
  •  Try the new 'filter glossy' next to 'no caustics'. It can be pretty handy.
  • Make sure you have the GPU compute set to CUDA, not open CL if possible. (this isn't new, just something to note.)
  • Check out the VSE, (Video Sequence Editor) It's much improved!
I hope those are useful, enjoy the new Blender version!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! No, really!