The general script overview is finished! This is a big step forward. I still have to work in one more actor, but it doesn't affect the plot very much, so it shouldn't take too long. It should add some humor too, which is always good. I'm unsure how much of the plot we want to reveal before the movie is released, so for now I'm keeping it to a minimum, but keep watching, we may release some of the script later! (Not to mention test scenes, trailers and such ;) I've started some test videos, so I'll post some periodically, so people can see what some of the issues we might run into would be. Here's one below:
Some of the problems you can see if you watch closely. The main one is rolling shutter. We can't do a whole lot about that. It's going to be tricky to minimize it, and it becomes more pronounced at higher shutter speeds. Since we will be filming at 60fps, the shutter speed can't be below 1/60 of a second. That's not too bad, but the other problem is blurring. This clip looks pretty blurred, and is somewhat painful to watch. That being said, the white balance looks pretty nice, not perfect though, and the rolling shutter isn't very pronounced here. In the car chase scenes (oops, I gave another scene away ;) we're going to try to film from around 45 degrees, not 90 to minimize rolling shutter. We might have some shots that are straight on, but that probably wouldn't be as interesting, so probably not too many.
Also, YouTube compresses video dramatically, so this doesn't look nearly as good as the (35 MBps!) original.
ReplyDelete