Friday, May 25, 2012

DIY shoulder mount

I've recently made a dual shoulder camera mount.  I copied the design from Film Riot, a YouTube show for indy film-makers.  I modified the design a little due to lack of supplies, but overall, it came out pretty well.






As you can see, it looks extremely professional *Cough, cough* with it's duct tape finnish, and cardboard  mount.  Despite the duct tape and cardboard, it holds up surprisingly well.   Although I still don't fully trust it, and until further testing is done, I will hesitate to put a 1D mkIV with a 300mm L lens on it.   But hey, give it a break.  It only cost $10 to make!   For a pro rig like this one, we'd be looking at near a hundred or more.  

Since this is an indy film, we want to make as much of our equipment as we can, so we hope to have more DIY film gear coming soon to project 2.6!  







1 comment:

  1. Handsome is as handsome does... I've seen the results from this, and they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! No, really!