When the satellite is in outer space I can make it look like anything (within my limited modeling / texturing abilities), but on the ground we have to have actual physical parts. I've started keeping my eyes open for possible satellite parts. They don't have to bear any real resemblance to the satellite, because it will have been scorched beyond recognition during its reentry of earth's atmosphere (they just have to look plausible and cool)
Here's some of the things I'm considering:
 |
| No shortage of (old) computer memory! One of these will probably be the satellite part we hack. |
 |
| This is an old RF amp I had lying around. It looks interesting enough I think it could be used. ( I have two, the photo below is of the same one, just a different angle) |
So, that's the latest from Project 2.6!
(Actually it isn't, the latest news is that I can't get my asteroid field to render with the satellite and world...but that will be fixed...shortly...I hope...) :D
Cool! I think we'll have lots of fun creating the crash site.
ReplyDelete