This is a production update blog for the Blender movie Project 2.6. This video is not directly affiliated with the Blender Foundation, but is is being made with Blender.
Lacking a better inspiration, project 2.6 refers to the version of Blender. If they can have project mangoes, we can have project 2.6s!
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Scene one test, now with sound!
I've been playing around with some ideas for the first scene soundtrack and the first set of credits. Here's what I've got right now. Let me know what you think!
Cool! Great lighting! You may want the text a little slower, it adds drama and suspense. Also, for the satellite and asteroid animation, since it's space, the objects should look like they are going slower. Maybe use some NASA videos as reference.
And the one more thing... the asteroid probably shouldn't change directions on a dime like that, it looks kinda unnatural.
But it definitely coming together. The textures, modeling and lighting are really good! And the music is perfect.
Thanks! I think I will slow down the text. I started to animate it in 24 fps, and then switched it to 29.97 to match the other clips.
I'm not sure NASA has any videos like that, but I guess I can look.
By the way, the asteroid actually doesn't switch directions, the camera movement just makes it look like it does. There's a reason I sent it off to be animated!
Cool! Great lighting! You may want the text a little slower, it adds drama and suspense. Also, for the satellite and asteroid animation, since it's space, the objects should look like they are going slower. Maybe use some NASA videos as reference.
ReplyDeleteAnd the one more thing... the asteroid probably shouldn't change directions on a dime like that, it looks kinda unnatural.
But it definitely coming together. The textures, modeling and lighting are really good! And the music is perfect.
Thanks! I think I will slow down the text. I started to animate it in 24 fps, and then switched it to 29.97 to match the other clips.
DeleteI'm not sure NASA has any videos like that, but I guess I can look.
By the way, the asteroid actually doesn't switch directions, the camera movement just makes it look like it does. There's a reason I sent it off to be animated!
Cycles text coming next!